NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2017
This month in the baby room we are going to focus on nursery rhymes. We will be choosing a song a week to focus on. The children will be exploring different Sensory activities, music and movement and using puppets.
We are developing our outdoor area; if you have any unwanted pots or pans or garden ornaments we would appreciate the donations.
Babies parents evening is Friday 18th August 6.30-8.30pm with Jessica and April. Please book a time slot with Jess or April.
Jessica is on holiday week commencing the 14th and 21st of August. Parris and Kofo will be covering this for continuity of care in the baby room
The monthly theme in toddlers is nursery rhymes and stories. We will be looking at various rhymes which are the children’s favourites; such as- “Wheels on the Bus “, “Old McDonald”, & “Twinkle Twinkle Little star”
We will be completing lots of activities to support this such as-
• Making props to support the songs
• Pictures for our interactive board
• Star shaped wands
• Pictures of farm animals
• Testing our taste buds with different fruit and veg
• Looking at healthy and unhealthy foods
• Why we need food for our bodies
• Make role play masks and feeding bears porridge
• Small, medium and Large with Compare Bears
• Creating the pig houses – construction
• Having a teddy bear picnic
As we are still playing outside in the water to keep cool, can we ask parents for quick drying footwear such as crocs or aqua shoes, where possible.
Please can we remind parents to bring in sunhats and water proof coats as If it rains we will still be playing outside.
This month in preschool our theme is “enchanted forest” if you have a moment when you collect your child please come and have a look in our role play room which Zoe created with the children.
Some activities that the children did to create this were making toadstools, flowers and leaves.
The children have enjoyed coming into preschool every morning and looking to see where the fairies have moved the fairy door.
Some other activities that we also have planned are:
• Making fairy soup.
• Making a fairy tepee using sticks and branch in our explorer’s garden.
• Elves and the shoemaker shoes – drawing around our feet, and making hole punches so we can thread string and practice tying laces.
• A sensory cutting tray with leaves and resources found in our explorer’s garden.
To read our full newsletter, please click below…